Monday, October 26, 2020

A Longer Nap Would Have Been Nice...

I was quite excited about my 'free' day... I wanted to sit and do nothing... 

But the day didn't work out exactly like that... 

First, I started to prep for my talk on Sunday... and I got so interested in the research that the morning flew by. Then I changed Mom's bedding and did another load of clothes! After lunch, I went to the post office and mailed a package and went for a run!

By the time I got home, it was already 4:15! I took a shower, put things into the crock pot for my Bible study tomorrow and got Mom's dinner ready. The phone rang and Mom was home.

No tap dancing tonight... So, I used the time to work more on the talk!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Jericho was heavily fortified with massive walls. No one went in or out and since it had a natural water supply and the harvest was just reaped, they had no problem to be locked up for a while! So, it was something for God to tell Joshua to 'see'. All Joshua saw was the massive walls and he knew that Jericho was famous for its army filled with mighty warriors. In my research, Jericho was the place where Jesus healed Bartimaeus and brought salvation to Zacchaeus. I also watched several videos about excavations of Jericho. Very interesting... God continually wants us to trust him. And He says to us now -- SEE!

Seek Him First!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment