Thursday, October 22, 2020

Much Better!

Oh... today was a much better day in terms of NOT running and rushing... 

First, let me tell you about the complex meeting last night. We had our annual complex meeting on Saturday, which as you might recall, was FOUR plus hours long. It was chaotic and messy. At the end of that meeting, we elected our new board... but something was not right. And last night we had to discuss what went wrong. Someone put a name on the list that was not there previously and she said, "Oh, I was thinking of our complex. We need a few of the old members to be on the new board." WRONG! That voided the whole election and as a result, after a heated discussion, which ended at 10:15pm, we will have another complex meeting! A new board will have to be elected at that time! All previous votes and results are voided!

So... today, after Mom went off, I did a load of laundry, took out the things Abby needed for her weekend service trip to Chiayi and then went for a run! Since I didn't run yesterday, I decided to go for two hours! The weather was beautiful... and the LORD blessed me with sprinkling light rain just towards the end of my run! I am blessed!

I came home and started dinner prep and took a shower. I had tutoring at 1pm... when that ended, Abby surprised me by coming home! Her afternoon class cancelled! She still had evening basketball practice. I had tutoring at 4-5 and Mom was home just seconds after I finished tutoring!

This evening, I dropped off containers for a friend and started cleaning the guard station!

Alan was home by 9pm and the kids came home later... Isaiah had tennis practice as it wasn't raining!

Daily Lovely Insight:

My talk on 11/1 is entitled: A Different Kind of Blindness based on Joshua 6: 1-7 and II Kings 6: 8-23. If you have time, read the passages... and let me know your insight! 

The theme for the month of November is: Dare to See! 

Here is a comment from the Cambridge Bible Commentary:

See, I have given... Compare for a similar expression Joshua 11:6. As Israel had stood on the shores of the Red Sea and seen “the salvation of God,” so now they were themselves to adopt no warlike measures for the capture of the city, everything was to be done for them, not by them: the victory when achieved was to be one, “into which no feeling of pride or self-exaltation could enter.”

Another comment from the Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary:

See, I have given into thine hand Jericho—The language intimates that a purpose already formed was about to be carried into immediate execution; and that, although the king and inhabitants of Jericho were fierce and experienced warriors, who would make a stout and determined resistance, the Lord promised a certain and easy victory over them.

Seek Him First!

 


6 comments:

  1. hmmm a different kind of blindness, as the servant cannot see the protection all around, so we also cannot see God all around us until we are 'enlightened' with the holy spirit, and then we can 'see' and will not be afraid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, God had to tell Joshua to see what was not yet a reality... Jericho was shut tight... but truly, the walls were already down. We have a kind of blindness... we need to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still preparing... I always learn a lot from the sermon prep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No announcement about the next one!

    ReplyDelete