Thursday, July 9, 2020

Living Without "Line"...

About a week ago, my cell phone started to have weird 'problems'... It wanted me to update to IOS 13 or something like that... And it wanted me to input my Apple ID or something like that. Soon, it was turning off and then logging me out of our household wifi... I then would try to log back in and it would say, "Incorrect password". So, I started just using my cell phone data. This Saturday, it turned on but would not let me use my Line App. That's what we use to message people here. I have lots of different groups of people... Of course, I did not back anything up. By Sunday, it was obvious that something was wrong.

Isaiah looked and saw that the screen was slightly popped out, most likely due to an expanded battery. Alan tried to back up everything. I have three other iPhone 5... but... I can't put the Line App on any of those.

All this to say... I remember the days when I didn't have a cell phone. I got one... and soon, I started to get one app after another... Line, WeChat, What's App, FB, FB Messenger... I realized... God, this is good... I need to live without these things... Simplify... Annie was kind enough to offer to buy me a better phone. I said, "No Thanks." Eddie has an old iPhone 6, but he can't mail it to me. It's too expensive to mail... One of my students said, "I am sure we have an old iPhone 6 that we don't want." Maybe they will give me theirs... So, I'm going to wait... Trusting God to provide... If nothing comes, I will just live without Line... I will go back to emailing people. I will use FB Messenger. I have WeChat and What's App. The only thing is I do feel bad that I didn't tell anyone in my Line contact list that I've gone "MIA"... Hopefully, no one is trying to reach me.

Today I tutored and ran errands in between the two tutoring sessions. In the evening, Alan and Abby went and played basketball. After Mom went to bed, since Isaiah was home, I went for my run. It never rained... although it got overcast just as I started tutoring this afternoon.

Daily Lovely Insight:

1 Chronicles 5:20 | Bible quotes, Quotes about god, Scripture verses
I think this is a verse that many of us need to be reminded of... Some people think that God doesn't answer prayers... I think the real problem is that people have expectations of when and how the answer would come... And thus, when things don't work out the way or the time according to their expectations, they are disappointed. That's not trust. That's not believing. That's not seeing God as God!

So, it is with my "No Line Life"... I was reminded that I was spending more time checking my Line than spending time with God... It might be difficult to 'live' without my Line App, but I know God has a divine purpose for this...

Seek Him First!
Bible quote designs stock vector. Illustration of evangelism ...

3 comments:

  1. I had trouble this morning trying to open my computer but we have to wait for God's time and it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU NEED A NEW PHONE !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I really don't... I will wait for the Lord to provide...

    ReplyDelete