Thursday, July 2, 2020

Quite A Lot of Rain...

It was another fast-paced day.

I had tutoring at 9:30 and I made it there by 9:33... Amazing!

After I finished, instead of coming straight home, I had several errands to run: find basketball key chains (still have not found any), exchange Bible, check the SIM card, mail cards, and buy eggs. I was thinking about going to Costco, but the books I had were already too heavy.

I made it back just before the down pour... And it continued to rain all afternoon. Of course, I went for a run! It was so nice and cool... refreshing!

But first I had to check my emails as students wrote and sent their essays for me to help them with... So, I finally left at 3:40! Alan was home, so he said he'd get Mom while I took a shower and got Mom's dinner ready. I had bought her stewed pumpkin... very delicious. I mixed that with the rice plus chicken nuggets... and yes, she also had a piece of raisin waffle for dessert! I decided to give her dessert... why not?

Alan left for basketball... yes, they've started back!

Isaiah came home for only a few minutes before he headed out for his team dinner at a hot pot place! All you can eat!

Abby had her orientation plus her afternoon class... and then tutoring tonight!

I spent the evening going through my emails... and when Alan got home, we watched TV.

Daily Lovely Insight:

I was reminded again that between God giving a promise and when it is fulfilled, there is often a gap... And during that time, we need to see things through the eyes of faith... How do we patiently endure, persevere, during the 'waiting time'? How do we keep our focus on the truth of God's trustworthiness? I think the first is to know the attributes of our God...HE IS TRUSTWORTHY... And then to review all that He has done... Look back... How has He led in other past situations? How has He provided? How has He healed? And practice, apply, the fruit of the spirit -- PEACE, SELF-CONTROL! Self control is very necessary. Without that, I will tend to try to run ahead of God and use my own solution to the situation. It was a good reminder... It calmed my heart and helped me to lay my cares upon Him... THANK YOU, JESUS!

Seek Him First!
One Amazing Summer: When We Make Plans – Teri Lynne Underwood

No comments:

Post a Comment