Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Personal Retreat!

I would definitely recommend everyone to take time for a personal retreat...

I don't do much... Just have a book to read, no appointments and time to rest!

After Mom took off, I went to the traditional market and found cucumbers, zucchinis and jello to make special drinks! I also stopped at the local library to pick up a book...

I was home by 10:30 and made the jello drink and put the zucchinis in the air fryer!

I try not to get on my gadgets, but I had to check my emails... AHHHH... something to edit!

I finished that... and by 12noon, I had lunch! And for the rest of the afternoon, I settled myself on the sofa and read and rested!  Delightful!

I try to give myself this retreat ONCE A MONTH, but it doesn't always work out.

In the evening, because counseling canceled, I even had time for a run...

I felt so much more energized from taking the time to 'retreat'... The book that I'm reading is King's Cross by Timothy Keller. I am still not finished with it. I would highly recommend this book. The author takes you through the Gospel of Mark!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Count Zinzendorf wrote, "I have but one passion, and that is He and only He."

I read another thought provoking sentence: "Being born again takes a moment of faith, whereas living the Christian life, becoming more Christ like, is a life long process, filled with daily choices of obedience."

Psalm 18:1 says,
Psalm 18:1 - Thank God Quotes | Thank God Quotes
Singleness of focus... to love the LORD!

I needed to be reminded of that...

Seek Him First!
ClearlyVersed — Proverbs 19:21 (Man's) ClearVerse

2 comments:

  1. your retirement is NOT to rest, so take more rest !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not really had an retirement... so, monthly personal retreat is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete