Wednesday, July 15, 2020

A Day to Get A Little Rest...

This morning I was out the door after Mom left...

I wanted to get fruit and shop at the traditional market. You have to go early to find some good stuff... and I did... It was a hot morning, but very 'fruitful'.

I got back and had lunch and then sat and read and rested.

It was supposed to rain, but it didn't... the skies were slightly overcast, so I went out for an hour.

I had to have a quick shower as Mom was heading back...

I made mashed potatoes with cheese and ground beef... with spinach. Yes, she quite enjoyed her dinner. I also gave her some grapes... seedless, of course!

I had Bible study this evening... And Alan got my Line going again...

Daily Lovely Insight:

I Kings 3 is a beautiful chapter about Solomon. Most people upon first reading it remember the answer to Solomon's request for wisdom.
1 Kings 3:9 | 1 kings, Walk by faith, The 3 kings
We also love verse 14:
1 Kings 3 14 Bible Hands Image | Set Apart Woman
God does give Solomon wisdom and much much more.
But we often forget verse 3:
Solomon showed his love for the LORD by walking according to the instructions given him by his father David, except that he offered sacrifices and burned incense on the high places.
THAT EXCEPT was his greatest downfall... for he built more high places for all his foreign wives and they led his heart away from the LORD.

So, in our study tonight, we were asked, "What are the high places in our own lives?"

How would you answer that question?

Seek Him First!
Proverbs 19:21 Good Counsel As Close As The Mention Of His Name ...

6 comments:

  1. yup no days itis

    .....BUT....... that is our down fall or my downfall.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean, "yup no days it is..." ? How is that your downfall?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I forgot about that one...... yup love love your daily Lovely insight !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are enjoying them... I sure am enjoying writing them down...

    ReplyDelete