Friday, July 10, 2020

Can It Get Any Hotter?

And the answer is YES... It's only not even the middle of July... so, it will definitely get hotter...

Before tutoring this morning, I went and ran errands... Mail cards, withdrew money, bought groceries... and headed home! Dropped everything off and tutored!

After I got home, Alan and I picked up the fan that I got fixed! It's a 70US$ fan and needed a 25US$ part! So I got it fixed!

We then went and had shaved ice... yummy!

We were home and reading our devotional book... It was too hot to go for a run!

Mom was home and I got dinner ready for her.

Later on in the evening, Alan, the kids and I went out to celebrate Alan's birthday!

We were going to have family time, but Alan wanted to go over the exhortation for tomorrow's wedding. He is quite nervous. He got a message that the pianist is sick and probably can't make it. Abby has to be the translator and the singer... And then the couple messaged him and wanted him to cut his exhortation short. So, I worked on revising his talk. We had the original talk translated into Chinese, and Abby was only going to read it. But now, we had to revise the Chinese, too!

I was going to go for a run, but I needed to edit the translation while Abby worked on her song for tomorrow. I guess I'll run tomorrow!

We ended the evening with watching the new Netflix series, The Umbrella Academy.

Daily Lovely Insight:

Robert Grant wrote the hymn, O Worship the King, based on Psalm 104:1-4.
Psalm 104 1 - FinePotter
I think when we are discouraged, we should just shout, O LORD, My God, You Are Very Great! He is first our Maker, then our Defender and proceeds to be our Redeemer. As we grow closer to Him, He becomes our Friend and Father!

Seek Him First!
His Purpose Prevails Drawing by Nancy Ingersoll

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for Alan and Abby at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your prayers... It was hot... but I think everything went well...

    ReplyDelete