Thursday, December 21, 2023

What A Cold and Wonderfully Restful Sabbath!

After Mom left, I had breakfast and went on the sofa to read and rest! I slept for an hour and then was up as I wanted to go for my usual 10k.

The Lord gave me the idea while I was out running in the super cold weather to take things to WGE for my shower. I got back and packed things up and called a few places as Mom needed a walker for the Day Care Center. Unfortunately, the government will only pay 20US$. I have to pay the rest! Anyhow, after calling several places, I found one that had the right size and gave me an excellent quote. 

I had several errands to get done! I went to pick up a luggage handle -- 200NT$. I dropped off a rice cooker to be repaired. I went to pick up the walker and had to pay the extra 360NT$ (12US$). I bought cucumbers. I dropped the walker off and then got my scooter tuned up. Then I was off to WGE. I sat in the sauna for about 7 minutes to dethaw! After a quick shower, I did a few machines and was home by 3:30. I made chicken for Alan and soup for myself! YUMMY!

I forgot to get the cinnamon roll as a dear friend gave me a Starbucks gift!

The phone rang and it was the social worker. I'm trying to use up the funds to get an extra 30 minutes to an hour of help every week! She will let me know if that's possible!

Mom was back and I had dinner ready for her!

The temperature is dropping to about 8 Celsius tonight! Wow... So, I had to get the radiator heater into Mom's room and get that ready!

Isaiah had another party tonight and Alan stayed at Soochow to play basketball! I used the rest of the evening to finish prepping for my talk on Sunday. 

The day was a restful Sabbath even though I went out to do a few errands. These errands were fast and went quite smoothly! At the place to buy the new walker, they also had mouthwash and package vitamins on sale. So, I was able to get those while the guy got the paperwork completed. Overall, it was quite a relaxing day! 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Advent Week 4 - Candle of Love Meaning

Seek Him First!

Jeremiah 29:11 Bible Verse Wallpaper | Plans to prosper you, declares the  Lord

2 comments: