Sunday, November 20, 2022

Yes, I Am Sore! But Recovering Well!

Down is hard... Sitting down, walking down, bending down... 

Up is difficult... but not as bad as down!

Overall, I am recovering quite well!

I went for a 90 minute massage and the sweet lady charged me only for an hour. She wanted to encourage me! She's the lady we have gone to for years!

We were at church and people were surprised to see me. They thought I'd be laid up in bed... 

To answer any questions about those last hours, those last two laps, or any other questions that people asked:

1. Each lap, from lap 2 to 8, was 13 kilometers. The first lap was 9 kilometers. 

2. I ran around a river park, crossing two bridges at either end.

3. At night it was raining, so the cobblestones along some parts were very slippery! Yes, for me not to have slipped was a miracle! Or not to have tripped on a ditch or go off the sides!

4. For those last eight hours, when I had to walk, the Lord just kept reminding me to take the next step. Don't think about the next kilometer. That's true with our life in Christ! Do not be anxious for tomorrow.

5. I don't think there was anyone else in the 60+ category for female! Although there were at least two male runners above 70!

6. I will not join this run again as I never do the same run twice!

7. And yes, to have ran for the first four and a half laps was a miracle, considering my lack of training!

Dongshan River Bike Path | Map, Guide - Yilan, Taiwan | AllTrails

Daily Lovely Insight:

The closer we draw to Christ, the less the things of this world would draw us!

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as so...

1 comment: