Monday, November 14, 2022

A Very Nice Monday!

After sending Mom off, I started reading in preparation of my talk on 11/27. I don't want to leave it to the last minute.

At 12:30, I had lunch and went out to get the smog checked on Abby's scooter, which Isaiah is riding. Isaiah took my scooter to work today! It passed... and I went to the park and did a run/walk.

Since I had time, I decided to trim my own hair as the first 'cut' was so bad. This time, I think I did a lot better... 

Elaine came over at 3:30 and we chatted and prayed together. We meet once a month to catch up and to pray.

Mom was home and I had dinner ready!

I had turned in the translation document that I finished last night. And I decided to not go to tap class to rest my legs!

The rest of the evening after Mom went to bed was spent working on my talk and preparing for my Bible study as I always start cooking the meal the night before!

Daily Lovely Insight:

I'll be speaking from John 11, the rising of Lazarus. And one of my points is how Jesus purposely delayed His coming to see Martha, Mary and Lazarus after receiving news about his illness. The Lord led me to a book by Bob Sorge, The Fire of Delayed Answers. Here is one paragraph that I will share for my talk from the book:

Bob Sorge writes:

 

He Loves Me!

The Lord Jesus is asking a question of many believers in this hour: “Do you love Me?” And here’s how He’s asking it. He’s allowing them to come into severe crisis, and instead of responding to any of the methodologies they learned in the faith test, He’s watching them struggle in the midst of their confusion. They don’t have any idea what’s happening to them, but He’s after something. He’s wanting to determine if they’ll remain true in their love or if they’ll get offended and turn away from Him. He’s wondering, “Will you let Me quiet you with My love?” He wants to bring us to the place where nothing else really matters, just as long as we know He loves us. 

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as so...

No comments:

Post a Comment