Thursday, July 22, 2021

A Relatively Calm Day!

I went for a quick bike ride to see what the weather was like. So, even with the rain, it was still hot and muggy! This typhoon is not bringing much wind... 

I also went to the post office to mail a few watches to a dear friend. She sent me the lemons and bananas from her farm in Taidong. Alan has so enjoyed the freshly squeezed lemonade!

I met up with one gal who wanted children's DVD and a drawer organizer. 

I got back home and organized a couple of cabinet areas and did another load of laundry... Yes... 

Mom was up and I made her sit! And it worked! It was a long bathroom session!

After lunch, Mom actually went to take a nap and this time, it wasn't just for five minutes!

I went for a run... Again, a short one as Alan went off to the tennis courts... 

I had cooked two different dishes this morning, so we had plenty of delicious food for dinner.

Good News: The overnight facility has openings. Bad News: before being admitted, Mom is required to undergo the Quick Nose Test for Covid, costing 3500$! That means, it's not worth it if she goes there for a weekend. The director said, "Best to come for a longer stay, using up all your government subsidized days. Or decide if you want her to be at the facility long term!" If we admit her long term, it's self-pay and we can't afford it just now with the cost of Isaiah's schooling. We had thought that by September 2022 it would be more affordable for us to cover that expense. Of course, I'm sure my siblings would be willing to chip in, if we decide to do that by September of this year! So, we will see!

Daily Lovely Insight:

The other day, I was in too much of a hurry and a container fell out of the cabinet and broke. I swept up the pieces and decided to keep the lock-lock glass lid, thinking, "Maybe I'll find another container!" What's the likelihood of that every happening? This afternoon, I went to throw away a few plastic containers and my habit is when I go down there, I try to make that area a bit nicer as some of the residence just toss things, never looking at the signs posted on the wall for each bin! I go and take out items in a bag set in the glass recycling area and there is sat -- a glass container. And... when I brought it up and washed it, took out the lid, PERFECT FIT!

With God, nothing is impossible!

Seek Him First!
Psalm 67:1-3 | Psalm 67, Psalms, Beautiful prayers

3 comments:

  1. SO amazing GOD gets you the container, and of course GOD IS SO SO GOOD !!!! Praying for relief for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying that things will work out in your decision about Regina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please do keep praying about the decision!

    ReplyDelete