Thursday, July 1, 2021

A New Insight!

We have figured out why it's so crazy with the care of my mom... There is no rhyme or reason to what she does and when she does it! It's not like caring for a baby or an infant or a toddler. I could put the child on a schedule or in a play pen. I schedule when the baby needs to be changed or fed. With my mom, because she is mobile and I can't stick her in a play pen, and there is no schedule, I don't know when she will take a nap or want to go to the bathroom... I try to schedule her meals and her showers, but even that, she will tell me she doesn't want to eat or that she has already taken a shower, when she hasn't. This insight has helped all of us... especially yesterday and today as she was again, 'hyper'. That's our label... Or we call it 'crazy day'. That's when every few seconds, she will want to go to the bathroom, for no reason!

Yesterday morning, we woke up to the smell of urine... and I had a lot of work to get things cleaned up, yet again! This time, not on the floor but on the bed. I'm grateful, as I had double-double, double-double the bed... double the pads, and double the sheets, so nothing got on the mattress. If urine got on the mattress, I would have to toss the mattress. But still, it was a lot of work...

Then I helped a friend move out of her house, so I brought back two huge boxes of things to sort out... But Mom was in her active mood... Isaiah was at work. Alan was trying to finish her grades. So, it was either Abby or I... 

I also wanted to take pictures of the bikes and post them, but I didn't have time! I couldn't go down to do that... I did get to go and meet up with two people to hand them some of the items to give away.

That was yesterday... 

Today, Alan and I went to the tax office and we are getting a small refund... YEAH! 200US$! Any little bit is a blessing... Abby was home with Mom!

In the afternoon, Abby and I went for a hair treatment... That was so relaxing... 

I did go for a run in the morning heat... You can't get away from the heat anymore.

I wanted to work on my talk for 7/11, but still no time!

Daily Lovely Insight:

I can't believe it's already July... We are half way through 2021... Traveling isn't happening... And we still have a lot of unknowns for Isaiah's departure for University of Warwick. But it's like my living room on days when I'm packing boxes to be shipped to the Philippines. It looks like a tornado blew through... but then slowly as things are packed orderly into the boxes, that sense of chaos is turned to calm... God's mighty hands are in charge, putting all things in order... and so my heart can be calm even in the midst of the chaos! 

Seek Him First!

Toɴy D'Elια on Twitter: "Psalm 67:1-2 https://t.co/GXX9OQGq3K"

3 comments:

  1. Well, i see how she is resistant to a schedule, but mom does not even realize that she is resisting.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly... that's the problem... She went to the bathroom... and she can't remember that she went to the bathroom... and so we have this habit going... I'm up every 7 minutes to open the bathroom door, and clean for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still praying for you and family. It is hard for all of you also with the heat and being locked up from the virus.

    ReplyDelete