Monday, January 18, 2021

Setting Margins in My Schedule

I'm glad I set margins in my weekly schedule... I block Monday mornings off... The weekends are usually so busy that I just need that block of time to 'catch up'.

So, I took this morning to get a lot done... A load of laundry, making dinner, cleaning the car, reorganizing Mom's drawers, setting up these small display cabinets, and trying to link my Garmin watch with my cell phone!

At 12:15, I went out for a run and since the weather was nice (windy, but nice), I ran 15+ km!

After a quick shower, Elaine came over. We didn't have time to pray as Mom was home early! I couldn't believe it. And I looked at my cell phone --  I got a message that my student needs tutoring... Abby was home, so after getting my mom showered and settled for her dinner, I took off!

Tutoring went a little longer than I expected, so I was late to my Improv class... 

When I got home, Alan had the Mac ready... But I'm not ready... So, even now, I'm using my old lap top to blog... with the Mac Air next to me, calling my name!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Quitting... That's what I've been thinking about... Some people quit because they found something better to do... And even that can be a bad thing... This book mentioned Henry Ford... He was half way through his first car when he already discovered new and better ideas. He wanted to quit and start with making a new one, which would incorporate the ideas that he had gained. But he was just half way through. Instead of 'quitting', he pushed through in making the one he had started and it turned out that by finishing it, he discovered more than if he had quit. I think in this instant society, 'quitting' has become the 'norm'. People move on to 'better' things and leave much unfinished. God is the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:1-2) and I think that's one thing we should emulate. Be a finisher... not just a starter. Follow through with things, even when something 'better' comes along.


Seek Him First!



No comments:

Post a Comment