Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Busy Tuesday!

This morning we had the study at our house as Ariel's house had no electricity... this whole day! There were seven of us and everyone was excited to share on the Discouraging Tongue! The fruitfulness of the discussion and the food were just amazing! We had guava, dragon fruit, tangerines, bananas and strawberries... 

The gals left at 2:15 and I went down with them as I had tutoring at 2:30. I don't usually ride fast and it takes about 30 minutes. But by the goodness of God, I got there by 2:33!

The boy was very alert and I saw his grandma, who used to be my boss at MCU. She kept complimenting me, telling me how much her grandson is enjoying his English lesson with me! She then insisted on giving me these huge tangerines... Wow... 

I came home and cleaned up the Bible study dishes and made dinner for Mom. And yes just as I finished, the phone rang... Mom was home! She had to have a shower before dinner... as I had to dash off to tutor!

I do love tutoring... even when I'm feeling tired.

I had to have a second cup of coffee before taking off... and I also HAD to do another load of laundry! Just when I was hoping to rest a bit... 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Amazing as today's study referred to Numbers 13, the spies who discouraged others and missed their destiny, which was also part of this past Sunday's sermon. They discouraged the Israelites by exaggerating the situation. Yes, the walls and city were fortified. Yes, the people were fierce. But they said that the land devoured them and that they were like grasshoppers when compared to those in the Promised Land. They forgot about their awesome God. 

We talked about personal dreams we might have but which got lost in the discouragement of others. One sister mentioned that she thinks God has given her a testimony and she wants to share it with others. Another sister talked about her desire to go back to school and perhaps become a counselor. It was a wonderful time as God used it to challenge us towards using the gifts He has placed in our heart.

Numbers “So Close And Yet So Far”. Numbers 13:1-3 1 YaHWeH now said to  Moses, 2 “Send out men to explore the land of Canaan, the land I am giving.  - ppt download

Seek Him First!



No comments:

Post a Comment