Friday, January 15, 2021

A Big Spending Day!

Alan and I had such a beautiful day together... If we didn't have to be home at 5pm for my mom, we would have been out cruising until midnight... The kids told us that they were going out with their friends tonight and asked for 'permission' to go past the usual 11pm curfew! Yes, they are going 'partying and drinking'... 

Alan and I had our devotional and sharing and prayer time... Then we headed out. 

First stop, COSTCO! Crazy, right? But we were out of milk and we thought, "How bad can it be at 10:15?" OK... BAD! I don't usually go up to the second floor (yes, the Costco here has a second floor), but since Isaiah was looking to buy a new cell phone (he's been saving up for the past six months), I decided to look at the 3C items. Costco has iPhone 12 with the memory capacity that Isaiah wanted. While there, I went to look at the Mac Air/Mac Pro. Alan walked right up to me as he just got a parking space. There on the side was a note "display model for sale -- 22,000NT$"! I asked the sales clerk if we could see it. The 'display model' was downstairs at the pick up counter. So, she radioed the person there. When we finished our groceries shopping, Alan went over and came back to tell me, "It's a completely new one." With his limited Chinese, he didn't know what to say to the clerk, so he sent me over! It turned out that the 'display model' was just an older model -- completely brand new. It doesn't have the M1 memory card. (I don't even know what that means! I use a computer like a hyped up typewriter!)  Long story short, we bought it! Alan will have time to set it up as Chinese New Year "vacation" has started for him. YIPPY! This old lap top that I got from church has three problems now -- it has to be plugged in to be used, it sometimes disconnect from the WiFi for no apparent reason and says, no WiFi available, and it requires that I log into our Outlook Account every time I want to download our email! I've been praying and waiting. I didn't want to spend more than 777US$... This Mac Air is about 730US$!

We wanted to drop off the groceries before heading to our next place. On the way home, the Brooks Headquarters had two huge signs outside! They were having a SALE! I asked Alan to stop and I ran in! I couldn't believe it! The huge selection and the low prices - I bought six pairs! Alan got one pair! Total: 5830NT$! Now, if you know running shoes, one pair can run up to 200US$! In fact, one of the pairs I bought was 4, 480NT$! I paid 820NT$!

After dropping everything off, we went to Sanxia. Abby got a coupon for 5,000NT$. We wanted to see what kind of stuff this sporting goods store had. Around the area, we found a delicious place for a late lunch! Then we walked to the store (pretty expensive, so Abby will have to come herself) and checked with the owner about the coupon. It is valid and Abby has 5,000NT$ for her or her teammates to spend!

We drove back home and I had dinner cooking in the crock pot. A message from the company I work for said that they needed my editing help. So, I was on the computer finishing off a press release and Mom was home.

Alan went to look for a computer 'plug' while I got Mom her dinner. When she went off to bed, I went for a run.

The student I've been helping sent a message and said that she has sent off her dissertation! YIPPY!

This evening, Alan and I watched a short movie, "A Matter of Faith"! 

Daily Lovely Insight:

I'm so looking forward to getting my hair cut short... I made a promise to Alan... and he has actually told me that I can get my hair cut short anytime this year... So... Instead of waiting for my birthday, I might do it just before our 34th anniversary! So, what's my daily insight?

Ecc. 5:5 is wise... better not to make a vow than to vow and not pay... Or be slow about making a promise. If you promise, you should follow through! 

I didn't know when I said it that we'd be in Taiwan during the summer months! That's exactly what happened. Summer of 2020! And this winter has been pretty chilly. After a run, it's quite time consuming to wash and blow dry my hair! 

It is going to be so nice when I can have short hair again!

Seek Him First!



3 comments:

  1. NONONONO KEEP LONG HAIR CONGRATS ONB NEW COMPUTER IT IS ABOUT TIME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long hair is so troublesome... I guess I can pay 20US$ a week and have it washed and conditioned! Now, that's an idea!

    ReplyDelete