Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Practice, Practice, Practice...

I'm cranking up the practice... for my tap dancing performance on Saturday. I'm in the back row, but still... The whole semester has gone by and we just had to perfect one 3.30 minutes routine. But I have NOT practiced at all... so this week, I'm setting aside blocks of time to put on my shoes and practice. 

What else?

I did go for a longer run... even though it was a colder day!

Alan was home, resting... 

Isaiah went to school as he had a basketball game.

Abby had class, then tutoring and she decided to go for a workout at the gym!

Mom was happy with her dinner... Mexican food!

Daily Lovely Insight:

The Georgia Senate run-off was today... I am praying... In my opinion, it would be very sad for the Democrats to have dominance in the Senate... I had to keep saying, "God is sovereign! He is the Alpha and the Omega!" I am not for a person or a party, but what platforms are being propagated! 

This morning I read about Gordon Liddy, the man who was involved in Watergate and imprisoned for his involvement. He wrote the book, Will, which was his autobiography. When he was released, he joined a Bible study and came to know Jesus. Chuck Colson writes, "Repentance is a rare message in today’s church because it requires confrontation with an uncomfortable subject – sin. And sin does not sell well in our feel-good culture. When sin gets personal, people get skittish. Only the conviction of personal sin, however, brings us to Christ." After Liddy became a believer, these are his words: Now the hardest thing I have to do every single day is try to decide what is God’s will, rather than what is my will. What does Jesus want, not what does Gordon want. And so the prayer that I say most frequently is, ‘God, first of all, please tell me what you want – continue the communication. And second, give me the strength to do what I know you want, what your will is, rather than my own.’ I have an almost 57-year history of doing what I want, what my will wants, and I have to break out of that habit into trying to do the will of God.”

God can bring good out of chaos... I must stand on His truth and His attributes!

Seek Him First!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment