Thursday, January 21, 2021

Out to Danhsui & Back...

It turned out to be a lot busier than I had planned... 

I called this morning to find out if any plumber had time to go to the Danhsui apartment to fix a faucet and the pipes. I called three places and the third guy said he had time at 11am. I was out the door by 9:30 as the ride out there is quite long.

I got there fairly quickly... 

I helped my tenant tidy up her place and the guy came. While he fixed the faucet and the pipe, we were talking. He has been having problems with his nose and might have to undergo an operation. He told me that he has spent so much money in the past few years but nothing has helped. I prayed for him. 2400NT$ to get it fixed. I left at 12:30 and got home by 2:45! I went to buy fruit! 

I was exhausted. The weather was great, but I laid down and took a nap! 

I was up just 15 minutes later,  getting Mom's food ready as tutoring started at 3:50. The phone rang right at 5pm. They are bringing Mom home earlier and earlier... I have to talk to them... Mom had dinner and Alan was home at 5:20. I rushed off as I was supposed to tutor at 5:30! I got there by 5:45! And we went until 7:15! Then I ran more errands... 

There were still things I didn't get done! But at least the faucet and pipe are fixed!

This evening, after tutoring and errands, I finally had time to sit down and eat. I wanted to go for a run, but again, I was just feeling so exhausted.

Daily Lovely Insight:

Choices... God gave us free will... 

I was talking with Abby as she is short on spending money. At the beginning of this past semester, I tried to help her by suggesting a few jobs, but she chose to use her time to do stats recording for these basketball games, which paid only 200$/game. To ride to these places took at least 30 minutes or more. So that was gas money plus wear and tear on her scooter. Now, she is asking me to give her some job options and it's unfortunate, but I don't have any. 

And then today, meeting the plumber. I hope he will make a wise choice and see Jesus as his healer and Savior. 

I think living life with Jesus on the throne of our heart will be the only way to make wise choices. If we put feelings on the throne of our heart, we will lack endurance and determination, not to mention a life of selfishness and wastefulness!

Seek Him First!


 

2 comments: