Friday, January 29, 2021

So Much To Do... And So Cold!

It was supposedly our date... but we had a long list of things to get done.

We had time to read and pray together and we were off to Costco.

When we were getting close, we knew we were in trouble. The traffic was extremely congested. We went to park at the supermarket next to Costco! The line to go in was as long as the line into the parking lot! Alan and I separated... speed shopping! He went upstairs with the cart and I started downstairs to get the cake. We met up and were trying to get all the items for the party tomorrow. 

We left at 11:45! And I even ran up to the supermarket to grab a few things while Alan loaded up the car. I wanted free parking... ha, ha, ha... 

We dropped off the cake and bought bubble milk tea and went over to our old house.

Yes, the tenants had moved and left us with so many great things. We sent them a message to make sure they didn't forget these things... We will go back on Monday to do some cleaning and please pray for the people the Lord would bring to rent this beautiful place. We sat there and had lunch, feeling so grateful. We moved a few pieces of furniture, pulled everything out of the shelves, and checked if there was a need for any big maintenance. Nothing major! We'd like to switch the dining room tables -- ours for the one there... but we will see if that's possible. We might have to call movers as Alan can't do any "moving"! God will work!

We came home and I was going to go for a run, but with putting everything away, I was feeling so exhausted. I decided to take a short nap and Mom was back! So, this evening after she went to bed, I went for a walk. The kids were serving at Angel's Camp and Alan had dinner with his old students from years ago! It was cold, but so refreshing. At first, I was attempting to walk all the way back to Costco as I didn't get the disinfectant. I had it in the cart but the cashier told Alan that he had to go up to the pharmacy to check out the item. Darn it! I wasn't there, so Alan didn't want to make a fuss! The disinfectant is for mom! I need it to clean her room and bathroom!

Daily Lovely Insight:

I have several friends who are all celebrating their birthday this week... and I think it would be wonderful if the Lord gives them a special gift -- a verse or a passage as their birthday gift for this year. Each year, I ask God to lead me to a verse or passage of focus... and each year, I'm so encouraged by that verse... It lifts me when I feel burdened or down or doubting what the Lord is doing. Last year, the passage was: Psalm 115: 14-15. And I saw how in the midst of the pandemic, the Lord blessed and watched over my children and Alan and I. This year, I'm learning to hope in God... I'm learning what it means for Him to be my portion. His lovingkindness indeed is new every morning... and like my favorite hymn, How Great Thou Art, great is His faithfulness. I'm praying that these sisters will have a special gift from God and that they, too, would start a tradition of receiving special encouragement that carries them throughout the whole year with the magnificence of God's word!

Seek Him First!



5 comments:

  1. the Lord watch over ME ???? I ????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have new people for rent at your other place?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one yet... so, we have time to get it ready and cleaned up! And Alan has vacation, but with his back, he can't do much! So, I think I will be doing most of the work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NONONO you hire someone to do this

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not worth it as we have more organizing to do and we need to go through all the stuff that our previous tenants gave us!

    ReplyDelete