Wednesday, September 9, 2020

The Down Pour Came... This Evening...

Alan and I decided to go to the Miniature Museum this morning. I bought two tickets for less than 10US$. It was very interesting... I wish I had a house filled with some of those antique furniture. In fact, I saw an antique dining room table out on the street the other day... I was scootering by. I so wanted to try to lug it on my 100cc scooter. No, I did not!

After lunch, we found a delicious Thai restaurant. For 3US$ we had the most delicious lunch with dessert and Thai milk tea... FREE REFILLS! We stopped at Carrefour to get yogurt and yogurt drinks!  We headed home and read our devotional books. I rested for 30 minutes before tutoring at 3pm.

Please remember to pray for Rhine. She is finishing up the revisions for her Ph.D. dissertation. Sometimes she feels discouraged and wants to give up! I am encouraging her. She's so close! It's like being at the 40th kilometer marker with a little more than 2 kilometers to go before the finish line when you're running a marathon. You feel like giving up as you feel as you can't take another step. But... to give up? No Way! So, I think we need just two more sessions and we are there!

This evening, the rain came... After it stopped I went for a short walk before our complex meeting at 8:30! I wanted to go for a run, but I didn't have enough time!

Daily Lovely Insight:
Generous Giver | James 1:5 - Tricia Goyer
James 1:17 (ESV) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,  coming down from the Father of lights with … | Inspirational readings, James  1 17, Best gifts
I'm preparing for my message at the end of the month. This month is Dare to Encourage and I've been thinking a lot about how we need wisdom when we are trying to be encouraging. What we say matters a lot... and sometimes, especially in this culture, what we think is encouraging is totally NOT! So, God invites us to ask Him for wisdom. First, we have to be humble enough to come and admit that we need wisdom. Then, we need to be bold enough to ask. We also need to believe and trust that God is generous in giving us His gift of wisdom. So, Proverbs 9:10 says,
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom and the knowledge of the  Holy One is insight.(Pro. 9:10 ESV) I… | Fear of the lord, Good good  father, Lord of

Seek Him First!
Short Bible Verses About Proverbs 19:21 || Bible Quotes

2 comments:

  1. and many confuse knowledge with wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly... And I will define knowledge, understanding, discernment and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete