Friday, September 18, 2020

Already Friday?

This is the end of the first week of school... ALREADY!

I had to finish the press release this morning before going out with Alan and Abby for brunch!

Abby had a meeting at school and Alan went with her. I had to run errands -- mailed a letter, transferred money, bought groceries, paid bills, dropped off things... 

Then Alan, Abby and I met up at the massage place... 90 minutes of bliss.

We rushed home as I had to prepare Mom's meal and also my tutoring in the evening. It was cooler, but no time for a run... 

Tutoring went LONG... 

And then it was Family Time!

Daily Lovely Insight:

The Rich Young Ruler in Mark 10:17. He came seeking for an answer -- what must I do to inherit eternal life? Now, this question might seems innocent enough, but deep down in this man's heart, he wasn't sure about his eternal security. Why was this astounding? In that culture, if you are rich, it meant you are blessed. So even though he was rich and blessed, he was unsure about his eternal destination. And thus, this whole dialogue between Jesus and this Rich Young Ruler becomes very intriguing. By telling him the 'laws', Jesus already knew what he would answer. And sure enough, he says, "Teacher, all these I have observed from my youth." So, he was rich, which meant he was blessed and in his own eyes, he was in right standing with God, having observed all the laws. Still, he was insecure... Jesus responded by saying - sell everything, give to the poor and come follow me. It was an invitation for a relationship. And through that, eternal life comes. John 17:3 says,



Seek Him First!

 


2 comments:

  1. If time flies, does that mean you are having fun????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to have joy even in the mundane or difficult times...

    ReplyDelete