Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Traditional Market & Evening Bible Study

Since my afternoon tutoring cancelled, that gave me time to go shop at the traditional market. You never know what you will find as the stalls change from one day to the next. Like today, I didn't find grapes and zucchinis... but the onions were on sale and I found a stall that sells vegetarian goodies... I then went to Carrefour to see what Manager's Special they might have. PX Mart has bread. Carrefour has yogurt and cheese slices... I only buy when they are on Manager's Special! That's 50% Off! 

I came back and put everything away. I also peeled the pomelo to bring to my evening Bible study!

Then it was cleaning time... yes, another load of laundry!

I went for a quick run, rushed to shower as Mom was due back... At Carrefour, I had bought some prepared liver for her. She liked it so much the last time I got some.

After Mom was in bed, I scootered off to my Study. 

Today was the start of the 50hr of continuous prayer. Actually, the church where we meet started the 21 day of fasting from 9/7 to 9/27. I didn't join, but I got the list of their prayer concerns. I do want to stop by at the Prayer Tower before the 27th.

Alan had his evening class, and Abby went for a workout at World Gym. Isaiah came home after his class at the downtown campus.

Daily Lovely Insight:

I have started to pray and look towards 2021. Each year around November I set goals and ask the Lord for a verse of Focus for the New Year. And this year, I'll be doing that on November 17th. Since it's already September 22nd, I have started to pray! I find that the verse or passage that the Lord has given me has always been very appropriate! In case you've forgotten, this year's passage was: Psalm 115:14-15. It has been encouraging even with Covid-19. The Lord indeed has continued to bless us. Like today, I get a call from Soochow University, English Department Head Assistant. She informed me that the school will be hosting a luncheon as part of the 120 School Anniversary. English Department has one table reserved for 'honored guests' and Alan and I are invited. It's at a very fancy restaurant less than 10 minutes from our home. What a blessing... I'm sure I'll have lots of leftovers to bring home! This year I also got a new part time job as a copy writer. I get to work from home and the pay is excellent! Oh... We also paid off our house loan and are now debt free. We had planned to redo our kitchen, but we had our bathrooms and kitchen redone! God's promises never fail... because God is and always will be faithful to His word! 

Seek Him First!




No comments:

Post a Comment