Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Surprises, Surprises, Surprises

The weather again was beautiful...

I spent the morning finishing up my talk, hoping to go for a nice long run in the afternoon. I also received messages from my best friends, Suz and Pam, that they are planning a trip to Taiwan and Beijing. In fact, Abby and I will probably go to Beijing in the second week of June and then they will come to Taiwan! Amazing! I've been living here for almost 31 years and we've talked and talked and talked about it... Now, they are going to come over... I can hardly wait! I definitely will take them to the Night Market... and maybe they would be brave enough to try a skewer of chicken butts!

At 12noon, I sent off my talk notes, sat down for lunch... Just as I finished lunch, I got a phone message. The sister that I had the shower for on Saturday called... Her water broke! I picked her in my car and we went off to the clinic.

She called her parents. She called her husband.

And sure enough, it was confirmed!

God orchestrated everything -- an empty labor room, her doctor to have clinic hours... She was scheduled to have her C-section on January 29th. We are a bit early... Since her doctor was at the clinic, he would be able to perform the C-section when he finishes at 9:30.

She had nothing packed... Her husband got to the clinic and I rushed home to help her find things to bring to the clinic. After getting her things, I got my Bible study materials and on the way, I bought dinner for them and for my Bible study gals.

I scootered back to the clinic. Her parents and husband were there... I dropped everything off and went to my Bible study.

We had a great time of sharing and the dinner was fabulous...

At 10, I scooter back to the clinic just in time as they wheeled her and the baby out! The baby was born at 9:51 but they had to clean her up and take all her vital measurements... So... the timing was perfect. Michaella and Ariel are both doing very well...

Her parents left. Her husband took their older boy back to the room to sleep and I sat with her until 12 midnight! We were trying to figure out what to do as she was scheduled to be my translator for this Sunday! We have no idea... maybe another sister will write out the translation and Abby will be my translator! The omniscient God knows...

I came home and put things away...

And after I finish blogging, I'm going to bed. It's already 1:30am.

Such a day filled with surprises...

I never did have time to go for a run!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 80:9

No comments:

Post a Comment