Thursday, January 25, 2018

At The Test Site

I taught in the morning and then rushed back to take Abby to the 'test site'.

Yes, students are to go and see where they will sit during their test. We had to go down towards the City Hall as Abby got assigned to take the test at Sung Shan Senior High School. It's an older school and looked a bit run down... I like older schools but this place just looked dirty. Anyhow, we saw two of her friends while we were there. That was nice. They will open up one classroom for the parents. That's totally crazy as there won't be enough seats. So, I will have to sit there for the whole day in order to 'save' the seat for her when she comes down for lunch! I wonder if I should bring my own folding chair... I mean... you can't believe what it's like here for these major exams! Every senior on this island will be taking this test which will 'decide' which university they will be qualified to attend!

We wanted to take our mind off the stress of the tests, so we went to the nearby night market and had dinner! We decided to walk around and we walked into one sporting goods store. They were having a big sale on running shoes... and yes, I actually forked out 70US$ and bought a pair! (I allow myself 4 pairs a year! And yes, each pair cannot be over 70US$ or 2100NT$. These were actually 1999NT$!) The pair I got is normally 160US$! Brooks Adrenaline GTS... I might go again tomorrow and buy the Brooks Ariel 12! Both of these shoes are great for my running style. And I went on line and checked -- the Ariel 12 is usually about 140US$ as they now have Ariel 16! They only have one pair in one size... and it 'just happens' that they are my size. I wanted to buy two pairs of the Brooks Adrenaline, but they didn't have a second pair!

We came back and I finished up the back balcony... finally...

Abby spent the rest of the evening, studying...

Here is the schedule for the next two days:

Friday -- Social Studies, Math and Chinese multiple choice
Saturday -- English, Science and Chinese writing

We will be there from 9-5!

Oh... in other news... Alan and Isaiah are enjoying their time in Australia...

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 82:1

2 comments:

  1. nah just bring a portable chair, don't you have those like we use for sports events? she won't wanna sit anyway, been on her butt all morning, don't sit all day...... good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. She actually did want to sit... I brought a big folding chair... we gave all those portable beach chairs away... ha, ha, ha... It was so crowded! I also brought a blanket so that she can take a 20 minute nap!

    ReplyDelete