Saturday, May 13, 2017

A Very Pleasant Day

The day started with a heavy downpour...

I start the day with Jesus and gave the day to Him... That's always the best thing to do each morning.

Alan and Isaiah went off to a friendly tennis match. I dropped Abby off at her cram school and tutor from 10-12. Great news from my tutee... Her daughter got into National Taiwan University, English Department. I was praying as the daughter was very disappointed when she found out that she was the last person on the waiting list. Being so far down the list, there was no way she'd make it. But on May 9th, she got notified that she made it! What an answer to prayer. Rachel, my tutee, is not yet a believer, but we close the time with prayer... and God has been so faithful.

Just before 12noon, Alan and Isaiah came back home. What a surprise! So, after I finished tutoring, we were out the door to pick up Abby and head down to a worship workshop. Alan and I had planned to just drop off the kids, but instead, we stayed! The three hours went by very quickly.

After the workshop, we walked to the car, passing a temporary 'outlet'. There I found RUNNING SHOES! Yes... Saucony, Mizuno... 60% OFF!!!!!!!! So... since all my running shoes are threadbare, I bought three pairs for a little less than 150US$! Although I have a very low yearly clothing accessories, etc. budget for myself (70US$/year), I do allow myself 5 pairs of running shoes -- each pair not to exceed 50US$! What an amazing miracle!

We drove back home, first stopping off at Costco, to buy Isaiah a proper helmet! Since we were there, we bought two pizzas to bring home to eat. After dinner, Abby and I went for a bike ride as I had to get my watch looked at. It got fogged up INSIDE!

It was such a pleasant day, hanging out with the kids. We closed the evening with family prayer time!

Indeed... it was a very pleasant day... oh... how about the weather... the day ended with no rain, no thunder storm... but just a pleasant cool evening with the nicest breeze blowing through!

Seek Him First!
Image result for psalm 45: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment