Saturday, May 6, 2017

An Acquired Taste

I like to eat liver... whereas most people don't have a taste for it.  How did I developed this acquired taste?

I was thinking about this as Alan had a luncheon and brought home the leftover. The other day, he had heated some up and I asked for a bite. I thought he was eating steak... but it was liver! And I was like, WHAT? You brought home a whole box of liver... And he said, Yeah, no one liked it! So, I feasted on liver and thought about why I like it so much?

Thinking back, I started to like it in Pomona when I was about 12. As I recall, my mom gave me $5 to get something from Denny's which was across the street from the Chalet Lodge! Usually, Denny's has turkey with gravy and mashed potatoes on special for under 5US$. But this day when I went, they didn't have turkey with gravy... instead I think they had liver with onion and it was only $3.49 or something like that. So, I ordered that... not knowing what it would be like. Perhaps it was because it was a treat from my mom, giving me money to get lunch from Denny's... or because the chef really knew how to prepare it... for whatever reason, I loved it!

Now, I love eating liver... and actually, I think my body needs the iron it has. This past week, I ate liver almost every day and that really helped my energy level. So, I wonder if it's true... that since liver has such a high amount of iron, that my energy level actually did have a boost! I had only one day to run, but I ran faster and did not feel hungry! That's another thing about eating liver... It really fills me up and I feel fuller longer!

Not everyone likes liver... it's definitely an acquired taste... Now you know how I acquired my love for eating liver!

Seek Him First!

Image result for Psalm 44: 7

4 comments:

  1. hey how come i didn't get no lunch at Denny's in Pomona?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, ha... I knew this would raise that question... I worked at the front desk? I cleaned the rooms? I fixed the broken phones in the laundry room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also worked at the front, and cleaned the rooms and fished the dead rats out of the pool and cleaned the pool, and I don't even remember a phone in the laundry room, what laundry room?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The big laundry room where we washed the sheet and pillow cases and all the broken phones... I'd sit in there while the clothes or bedding were being washed and fixed the broken phones. I got really good at it!

    ReplyDelete