Sunday, May 21, 2017

A Strange Sunday

Abby signed up to take her TOEIC test today and unfortunately, it was in the afternoon at the same time as our HOP Service.

I say unfortunately, because I had to pack everything and tell Alan to take care of the details of the Love Café and the Love Feast.

Needless to say, when I got there... things were quite in a strange state.

I had ordered Subway sandwiches and Alan forgot to tell the helper NOT to make the rice. He saw her in the kitchen making rice, gave her the book I had to return to her and totally forgot to tell her NOT to make the rice. So... we had to give away an entire pot of nicely made rice.

Then I noticed that people had nothing to drink. I ran and asked, Alan... where's all the drinks I bought? He forgot to set them out with the cups I had sent with him.

I then looked at the Love Café table... and NONE of the snacks were set out there! The sugar and creamer for the coffee were also NOT set out... so we had a lot of coffee leftover!

So... how did Abby feel about the test? She was super nervous going into it... but she came out with a smile... she thinks she did fairly well... She was glad that I stayed around and was there the whole time. I was glad too... even though things were amiss with the HOP Love Café and Love Feast... it was good to be there for Abby!

The TOEIC score will come out in 10 days! Isaiah got 980 (990 is a perfect score). I want Abby to get at least 850! Isaiah's score gets him to 'skip' a few pre-requisite classes and I hope Abby will be able to do the same!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 46: 4

3 comments:

  1. you gotta do what i do with KR, make a complete list, down to the last detail that you think he should know........ hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be like 10 pages... ha, ha, ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to write that the coffee tasted terrible as no one supervised this special ed kid that makes the coffee. That's another reason why there was so much coffee left. I took it home and tasted it and it was awful!

    ReplyDelete