Saturday, February 18, 2023

Lanterns at the SunYetShen Memorial Hall

Today was a 'work day'... So, Mom had her day care center and Alan and I had time to hang out together. Since the bank was opened, I went there and deposit a check from the insurance company. A refund!

Then I went to World Gym and did my usual run!

At 12noon, we took off for lunch! Our usual Cantonese restaurant was closed... I mean OUT OF BUSINESS. So, we had to settle for another restaurant next door. Then we walked to see the Lanterns. There were so many... and then the rehearsal for tomorrow's closing ceremony was going on... We stood there and watched! It was getting so hot... After visiting two more areas, we scootered home. 

I had dinner set up already and Isaiah messaged us! HE'S OUT! He will be in Taipei around 7:30. We will be going to the movies! YIPPY! 

Tonight was the first Discipleship Training Session. Pastor James led it and I translated.

I will report and review the movie in my blog tomorrow!

With Mom going to the Day Care Center today... it made me think, "If only they had a program for her on Saturday..."

Daily Lovely Insight:

The theme of this year's Lantern Festival was: Light up the future. Several of the winning lanterns were made by men and women who are incarcerated. And it made me think of Jesus... He is the true light of the world! He sets the prisoners free... He is truly the light that will light up the future!

Jesus is the Light of the World – John 8:12 – ScriptureWay – Whitney V.  Myers - ScriptureWay

Seek Him First!

Jeremiah 29:11 - Best Bible Verse - Bible Verse Images

2 comments: