Tuesday, June 28, 2022

The Days Fly By...

It's already the end of June... And tomorrow, Abby will be taking off... She has not been very good about getting things done... I did most of her packing... but today she had to go to school to see about getting her diploma and 'signing out' as a student. Well, it turned out that she did not complete an online survey... and one teacher did not turn in the grades. Plus, she went 15 minutes before lunch time and these people take lunch time very seriously. So, she was not happy and will have to go again tomorrow.

I was busy all morning trying to sort through the things that I could not decide for her... her make up, etc. And how are we going to pack these 'last few' items? I put those words in quote because with Abby, it's never a few items... 

We met up for lunch and then went to get her hair done. I thought I'd be done really quickly and can go run errands. They were so slow. We finished at the same time and she had her hair dyed!

I rushed to Costco while she met up with a friend. Then I rushed home because Mom was due to be back. YIKES! I strongly dislike rushing around!

This evening, after Mom went to bed, I met up with Abby to transfer her world gym membership. Then she went to the movies! When she got back, we had so much to do: online check in, her make up bags and hair ties and jewelry items... the list goes on!

I'm so glad I cancelled my morning Bible study, my tutoring, and my evening study for today! I have to work tomorrow morning and then we will be heading to the airport! I had to get everything done today!

The evening was cooler, but I had no time nor energy to go for a run!

Daily Lovely Insight:

At the end of July, I will be speaking one more time... and the topic will be "From Failure to Fulfillment". I will look at Biblical characters or events. Paul, of course, is an excellent choice. In I Cor. 15:9, Paul describes himself this way: For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God

And in Acts 26: 9-11, he testified, saying, "Indeed, I myself thought I must do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. This I also did in Jerusalem, and many of the saints I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I cast my vote against them . And I punished them often in every synagogue and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly enraged against them, I persecuted them even to foreign cities."

Yet, this man became a zealous evangelist, who wrote a majority of the New Testament!

God is at work in transforming lives. He has done it in the past and He continues to do the same today!

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

No comments:

Post a Comment