Monday, April 5, 2021

Our Last Day...

Today was the last day of this amazing gift of a family vacation from God.

Alan and I were up early... 

We woke the kids up at 8am as breakfast ended at 9. The owner made 10 dishes... I totally stuffed myself. Most everything was homemade and home grown... Buffet... Fried eggs... Porridge... Fried pineapples... Words cannot describe accurately how delicious every dish was... 

Another guest walked in to the breakfast room, and I started talking to her. She was from the area and recommended a few places to go. And that was what we did... 

We went to the 1314 Viewing Tower... then hiked around two different trails... Alan lost his sunglasses, because he decided not to join us. He left them where he was sitting. When we returned to the place, Abby saw them, but didn't realize that those were Alan's. So, we didn't pick them up. He had gone back to the car. Very sad to lose his last pair of good sunglasses! I should have bought him one of those straps.

From the hiking (20, 494 steps), we also went to the Green Boardwalk in GuKeng... They had a festival for this holiday, so rows and rows of stalls were set up! Fabulous... Street entertainers, games, and lots of food!

By 5:30, we headed back up to Taipei. To our utter amazement -- NO TRAFFIC! We stopped at ChungLi Night Market at around 8pm and ate fried oyster pancakes, dumplings, and bought watermelon juice and bubble milk tea... We got home at 10:30 and put everything away. I did a load of laundry and we prayed together!

Alan was in bed by 12... 

I decided to download my emails... I had an editing job waiting for me that needed to be done by 12 tomorrow! I had to get right to it, because I won't have time in the morning. I'm to pick mom up and drop her off at the Day Center! I know it won't be fast as I will talk to them about having Mom there one weekend a month. Plus, they might want to sit me down and give me a "report"!

So, I wasn't in bed until after 2am!!!!!!!!!!! But I got it finished and EMAILED OFF!

Daily Lovely Insight:

God's plans are better... God's ways are higher... God's thoughts are not our thoughts... 

This whole trip was planned very last minute as I had to wait for a bed to be available for Mom at Daoshen. Then to get my Mom's health check up... Then to book the lodging, which should have been impossible. But because there was a fire up at Ali Mountain, many people cancelled their reservation. That was how we got a room at two beautiful places... 

Everywhere we went, God watched over and led us. 

We felt His presence! 

We want to go to Jade Mountain... 

We don't know when, but I'm trusting the LORD to work everything out! 

I KNOW He will!

Seek Him First!

Psalm 67 | I love the Psalms

No comments:

Post a Comment