Friday, April 23, 2021

We Need More April Showers...

Taiwan has been going through a drought... and the Christians on this island are starting a 40 days of prayer vigil. Some are also taking the time to fast one meal or two meals... So, please do be praying for Taiwan.

Annie is recovering from her surgery-hip replacement. Please continue to be praying for her.

We are also thinking about trading in Isaiah's "Falcon" scooter now or a year from now... If we do trade it, who would ride it when he leaves for England in September? But then if it's parked there for a year, it might not be worth as much next year? Please pray! Alan is also thinking about visiting Isaiah in June of 2022 so that the two of them can go to Wimbledon! It all depends on the quarantine situation!

Alan and I had our date... we had brunch together and then we went and bought some groceries. I had to tutor at 3:30. After tutoring, I went and got my scooter tuned up! I've been at the mechanics almost every day of this week!

I came home and had an hour for a run before Family Time this evening. We were thinking about going to watch a movie, but Alan, Isaiah and Abby all have to be up very early tomorrow! They are leaving at 6am to head to Danhsui for the basketball tournament.

Daily Lovely Insight

Yesterday I posted Psalm 6:2 & 9. Did you read verse 9? It said that the LORD receives our prayers. The image I saw was that God takes our prayers like when we receive a gift from someone. He cherishes the prayers. He wants us to pray. Have you ever thought about how God views our prayers? I think it's a beautiful image to see prayers an offering.

Another thing that has been on my mind is the verse: If you love me, obey my commandments. When people say they love God, but their actions or words totally contradict God's word, I don't think they are loving God! John 14:15 says it so clearly! Our faith is not just going through the motion of worship. We need to truly surrender our lives to Him, daily, choosing to walk in obedience. So, if God's word says, DO NOT BE CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD, I want to ask God to help me to see where I've disobeyed and allowed my life to be worldly. I know He loves me and wants me to follow His word. I know He will show me.  Recently, one thing I've been working on is spending less time on my cell phone. There was a time in the not so distance past that I didn't even want a cell phone. Now, I spend more than five hours a day on that cell phone. I'm asking God to help me to be more conscious of how I spend my time. I encourage you to do the same! Tomorrow I will talk about being transformed by the renewing of your mind... 

If you love me, obey my commandments. John 14:15 NLT #bibleverse  #dailybibleverse #bible #god #bibleverses #jesus #chr… | John 14, Prayer  quotes, Ministry quotes

Seek Him First!

Amazon.com : Psalm 67:1-2 Wall Art, God be gracious to us and bless us,  cause your face to shine upon us that Your way may be known on the earth,  Your salvation

2 comments:

  1. I hope they can go see Isaiah school

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we can all go to England next summer... Not Mom, but the three of us and meet up with Isaiah!

      Delete