Thursday, April 15, 2021

Cleaning, Organizing, Tutoring... and More...

This morning, since I am preparing to share at Soochow on May 13th about traveling, I decided to put together a collection of souvenirs! With that project, I had to go through several different places and organize things. And while doing that, I decided to put away our manger scene and get that cabinet organized. And that led me to organize one area of Isaiah's closet since Abby was looking for head bands. While doing that, I found the tuxedo jacket and dress shirt that I had bought for him! And I found a new knee brace that Alan had been looking for. I also found the links to the watch band! 

The morning was gone... after a quick bite to eat, I headed out for a short run as I had planned to meet up with a gal at 2pm.

At 1, just as I was about to leave, she messaged me. She won't be able to make it until 3pm. That won't work because I had tutoring at 4pm. So we rescheduled. Bummer... I could have gone for a longer run!

I still had to meet up with Abby as she forgot the cards we wrote for the people at our Bible study. I dropped that off, came back home, and took my computer to the copier as I had a dissertation to edit! I decided to take up Annie's advice and went to Carrefour to see what they had for sale at the deli section. While there, I also found more cashews on sale and eggs! I lugged everything back with just minutes to spare before tutoring started.

And yes, when I finished tutoring, I had minutes to spare before Mom was home! She had to have a shower... before dinner!

I blogged... checked emails... and when Alan got home, I took off to our old house as the short term tenants didn't know how to use our washer and dryer! Plus they needed a few things, such as an iron and ironing board, chopping board, etc. I went over, showed them how to use it and gave them what they needed. 

Isaiah found out he didn't get into University of Edinburgh. That was his first choice. So, we now wait for Warwick. If he doesn't get into Warwick, then he will choose either University of Bath in the UK or University of Sydney in Australia. Please pray for him and this decision.

Daily Lovely Insight:

Since the vacation at the beginning of this month and the LORD pushed PAUSE in the spin cycle of my life, I've been very conscious of daily hitting the pause button, daily slowing down, daily telling myself to "SELAH". I would encourage you to do the same. 

I think this is one way that we, as His sheep, have become sucked into the world. We value productivity, effectiveness, efficiency. We are not to waste the precious commodity of time that God has gifted us with... and that is absolutely true. But we have forgotten how to rest, how to wait... how to trust! And this performance mindset has come at a cost. We move so fast that we have forgotten God. This year, with the pandemic, with so many uncertainties, I think God has hit a worldwide pause button in order for people to turn to Him.

Psalm 27:13-14 | Psalms, Psalm 27, Scripture verses

Seek Him First!

A Scripture photo today….. | RV There Yet?

2 comments: