Saturday, April 3, 2021

We Are On A Real Vacation... April 2nd, Friday!

The day started early... Mom was up, even though we gave her 0.5mg of the sleeping pill... She wasn't banging, but she was up and walking around... Which actually was perfect as we had to get her dressed and ready to go... 

It took a bit longer to get to Daoshen. But the staff was right at the door when we arrived. They took Mom to breakfast... I had given her breakfast at home... but she was happy to go and eat some more... 

We left... and I didn't get to hug her because I didn't want her to be asking too many questions. So, all the way down on our drive, I was thinking of my Mom... and praying. I know she will enjoy being spoiled by the staff. They have church on Sunday. They will not stop her from doing any of her bad habits... and she gets to eat, eat, eat! 

Less than half an hour, while we were still buying breakfast for Alan, the facility called. They had forgotten about the pill boxes that I gave them. Which was for morning? Which was for evening? 

The traffic was pretty bad... so it took six hours, instead of the usual four! We stopped at Hinoki Village and it was very warm. The streets were all cobble stones... so, it was very nice not to have Mom around. We could wander around freely... and not worry about leaving early because Mom would not enjoy the walking around... or even being pushed around the wheelchair.

We had to get to the resort around 4 as we got free afternoon tea! We arrived at 4:15 and went straight to enjoy the snacks... Then we checked in, settled into our room and the kids watched TV while Alan and I went to the workout room! I did a treadmill run... the kids came down and went to the pool with Alan. I went to the spa and then to the room. 

When everyone was back, we showered and went to the Chiayi Night Market and had so much fun. We walked around and just ate street food... We stayed out as long as we wanted... and finally went back to the hotel at around 11pm. The night market was opened until 1am! 

Alan was exhausted, but the kids and I watched Ocean 8! What a great movie! So intense!

Please pray for 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Good Friday... Because of Jesus' sacrifice, we can be 'good' with God... Through the cross, we now have access to Jesus... We have been redeemed... We are made righteous through His blood... I don't want to ever lose my reverence to the love of God!

Seek Him First!  




2 comments: