Thursday, August 20, 2020

Getting Better...

I rejoice to proclaim: God is GOOD!

I didn't have too good of a day for the past two days... splitting headache, feverish, dizziness... and extreme fatigue!

Today... I am beginning to feel better.

The Lord is gracious and merciful!

The splitting headache is gone!

The fever is gone!

The dizziness is gone!

These are all 'parts' of shingles, not to mention the usual blisters/rash and the sizzling pain and body aches!

I should have known something was up as I have been reflecting on the warning signs.

Around the middle of July, I started to feel these sharp sporadic pain and I kept saying to Alan, "It's so weird. I feel like I'm having a heart attack or heart burn." But when Alan asked where, and I showed him, he'd say, "That's not your heart!" Oh yeah... my heart is on my left side and the pain was all on my right side! Then I had pain around my arm pit, again on the right side. And then my back was feeling sore, again on my right side! I should have started to suspect that my immune system was being hit as I was sleeping only around 4-5 hours and when I went to take a nap after lunch, I would lay down and then think of something else to do, and popped back up. So, in July, I should have loaded up on my vitamins and I didn't!

Looking further back, since the beginning of April, I was getting stressed about things -- trip to the States, cancelling of our trip and then, getting the refund (which finally came yesterday), then, looking and finding internships for my kids, and HOP's search for a pastoral couple and considering where to put my mom if we were to take a trip... On top of all these things, since we were staying put, the word got out and my students and other new students started asking me to tutor. I should have talked to God before saying 'yes'. Around the same time, NSB also called and asked me to teach...

Thus, by the second week of August, I got shingles!

The blisters popped up exactly where I had felt the sharp sporadic pain! On the right side of my chest, below my right arm pit and then my right shoulder blade! August 10th...At first, I thought it was sunburn from our trip to Kinmen. But when I showed Alan my back, he said, "Honey... it's a rash!" and I knew!

So, the doctor was surprised when I went on August 17th that the blisters all looked like the end of shingles, and it had only been a week! And I think in another week, I will probably be fully recovered. Will I be able to go for a run? I have no answer to that question! But I'm hopeful...

Daily Lovely Insight:

After The Fall Ezra and Nehemiah Nehemiah Helps The Poor Nehemiah ...
I finished the book of Nehemiah. We are focused on Dare to Lead at HOP for the month of August, I thought about Nehemiah's example. One thing that struck me was his generosity! He spread a feast for 150 people on a daily basis and he treated them! And this wasn't just for one meal, on one day of celebration. These people dined at his table on a regular basis! Not only did he show generosity towards others, he also served! What he expected from others, he also did himself! Even when people spoke against him, he looked to God to see his heart and actions and intentions.

I pray that we could find a pastoral couple at HOP who exemplify Nehemiah's leadership character traits!

Seek Him First!
Proverbs 19:21 Bible Verse Wall Art Wall Decor, Design & Craft ...

2 comments:

  1. You were stressed out, the same thing when dad got shingles. Don't do too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't the running... it really was STRESS! And I always thought I was so stress-free... but I bottle things up inside!

    ReplyDelete