Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Too Tired to Do Much!

I had to tutor this morning... and I was going to go to the Bible study this evening... But I decided to stay home... and REST!

I did go and do a walk on the treadmill...

And I did do a load of laundry.

Alan went to Costco, which is always dangerous... He doesn't go with a list... We needed milk and veggies... And he came home with a few extras...

Mom was home...

Isaiah had his internship and then went out with Vikki.

Abby practiced basketball and then went out with friends for dinner before tutoring tonight!

Daily Lovely Insight:
I've been forced to rest...

This Sunday, I will be translating for the speaker. I read his talk notes... and it was exactly where I was... He talked about Elijah being forced to rest. I Kings 19: 5-8
Self-Care and Soul-Care - ppt download
Three times he ate and rested... And he was strengthened to travel for 40 days and 40 nights... Until he reached Horeb, the mountain of God! This greatly encouraged me.

God has used my herniated disc and shingles to put a 'forced rest' upon my life. He is always merciful and gracious... telling me to trust Him, to let go, to see Him in the mundane. Surrender! Be thankful in everything!

How awesome is it to know that when we are in that place, just too tired, our compassionate God wants us to fully rest?! That he sees us with so much compassion and wants to give us rest.                                                                                             Belle Faith Word Press Blog

Seek Him First!
GOD'S PURPOSE WILL ALWAYS PREVAIL – Heavenly Treasures Ministry


3 comments: