Saturday, May 16, 2020

The Thunder Showers... And Another Go-Go-Go Day!

This morning we were all up early... and Mom is in a hyper mode... Walking around more at night... Getting up early and calling my name...

We got ready and headed to Soochow as the kids had their basketball tournament! Abby won her game, but Isaiah lost. It's single elimination, so Abby will be playing again tomorrow!  We then went to Costco to buy the food for our Sunday evening dinner, since we always have people over! The menu for tomorrow is chili, beer bread and salad!  Mom was with us, but because of covid-19, no food samples... We came home for lunch! I hurriedly got the food ready and put the stuff away. I also changed the bedding for Mom and did a load of laundry. It was soon to take off for Mom's massage as another place since I bought coupons. Alan drove us there and as soon as we got there, the thunder shower started! When we finished our massage, it was still raining. I pushed Mom over to the Carrefour and did some shopping... After we finished, we waited about another 10 minutes and the rain finally calmed down!  I pushed Mom to the bus stop and we took the bus to the MRT station and transferred to the free bus back to Neihu. I then pushed Mom back home... I forced her to walk a little as she is way too hyper!  She had dinner... and I made protein shakes for the kids! For my dinner, I made a 'green' drink... broccoli and pineapple with some fruit vinegar...

Isaiah had tutoring and Abby stayed home to do some homework...

We decided to have family time on Sunday.

I did another load of clothes... Since Abby needed her uniform for tomorrow...

This evening was the Marriage Builders Small Group. I had assigned the couples the 'contest' and question -- Post a picture that represents your marriage relationship. The picture cannot be of the two of you, but rather something symbolic. We discussed how their picture characterized their relationship. And five couples will be the winner. I bought a special air freshner, Sakura Romance, for each of the winners.

Daily Lovely Insight:
Psalm 112: 6-7, For the righteous will never be moved; he will be remembered forever. He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the LORD.
I read those verses today during my time with the LORD and it just really struck me. The righteous will not be afraid of bad news. His heart is firm, trusting in the LORD. That's why the righteous will never be moved! His house, his life, is built upon the solid rock of Jesus. He knows that God will work this out... Like I was saying to my Bible study members, Paul and Silas were beaten pretty badly, thrown in prison for sharing about Jesus, and there they were singing praises and praying. They lived this verse. They were not afraid of bad news, thinking that perhaps they might be killed the next day. They were not moved, though their backs were bloody. They were not ashamed of the Gospel. They trusted in the LORD. Life can throw a lot of difficulties in our way. Small inconveniences... And how we react to those daily small things can show where our heart is. I want my heart to be firmly set on God, NEVER to be moved!

Seek Him First!
Proverbs 19 - transitionbeginswithyou

No comments:

Post a Comment