Thursday, May 7, 2020

The Untame-able Love of God

Yes, I don't need to say it... the day flew by... way too fast!

The kids and Alan headed off to school... and since there were thundershowers last night, the day was much cooler. I headed out for a longer run... I enjoy it much better when it's cooler!

I came back and after a quick shower, I was rushing to get my books ready for tutoring... Plus I planned to run a few errands afterwards. While trying to eat lunch, I got two calls... Several people needed some 'help'...

By 12:50 I had to go... Tutoring!

So, I ran errands after tutoring... and then came home to make dinner, before going for a bike ride with a friend who needed to get out of the house! We biked to Shihlin and rushed home, just in time to pick up Mom!

Dinner was ready... and my friend decided to stay... He needed help going through the web of things that was entangling him and causing him much stress!

The rest of the evening went by just as fast... I checked my email, started reading a friend's dissertation (it's 200+ pages!)... I wanted to help generate possible oral defense questions for her... It's going to take quite a bit of time just to read through her paper!

Ok... this morning, before going out for my run, I spent a few minutes reading the book, King's Cross.
Here's the Daily Lovely Insight:

Referring to Mark 4:35-41, Timothy Keller talked about the disciples' fear during the storm. "Their (the disciples) premise, that if Jesus loves them he wouldn't let bad things happen to them, was wrong. He can love somebody and still let bad things happen to them, because he is God -- because he knows better than they do. If you have a God great enough and powerful enough to be mad at because he doesn't stop your suffering, you also have a God who's great enough and powerful enough to have reasons that you can't understand. You can't have it both ways." The author continued to expound upon this point and the suffering Christ went through to redeem us. If we would only comprehend the depth of God's love, we would cry out to Him to help us believe. And we'll find that Jesus has been seeking us -- he's the author of faith, the provider of faith and the object of faith. Indeed God's power is untame-able and so is his love!

Seek Him First!
Proverbs 19:20-21


No comments:

Post a Comment