Monday, May 18, 2020

Asus Fixed... and Now the HTC...

Yes, I don't want to repeat myself... It was a busy day.

It's the season for May Showers... thunder showers... but I love this weather...

So, after doing another load of wash and attempting to bake sweet corn bread in a bread machine (it did not work), I went out for my hour run... in the rain. I love running in such weather... even though my shoes were completely soaked... I run faster in the rain... But I have to be very careful. The ground is very slippery!

Then I went to run a few errands before meeting up with a dear sister. She needed some counseling. I picked up the ASUS, found ink for a 'new' Sheaffer fountain pen, dropped off the HTC phone to be looked at... I got terribly lost and was 15 minutes late...

After our time together, I rushed back to pick up Mom... I was five minutes late, but the guard had walked her up! Praise the Lord!

Alan was home... At 6:40, I took off to tutor... On the way back home, I bought apples and bananas...

Isaiah had tutoring... Abby was at school to watch the Men's basketball tournament...

It's almost 10pm and I'm finally checking my emails and writing this blog!

Daily Lovely Insight:
Two things from I Samuel 21 and 22 --
Doeg, he must have a real weird upbringing because he seemed to have such a need to be noticed. He told Saul about David coming to the priests at Nob. And when Saul asked the guards who stood about him to kill the priests, no one was willing to put forth their hand to fall upon the priests of the LORD. But Doeg did, killing in one day 85 persons who wore the linen ephod! Then he went and put to the sword both men and women, children and sucklings, oxen and sheep, the entire city of Nob, the city of the priests. Horrific!
David, he must have been an amazing influencer. The Bible says, "Every one who was in distress, and every one who was in debt, and everyone who was discontented, gathered to him; and he became captain over them. And there were with him about four hundred men." These men were present day criminals or rebels, and yet they became so faithful and committed to him. They became some of the mighty men listed in II Samuel 23: 8ff. Knowing this, you can see why they counseled David to kill Saul in the cave. "Hey, this is your enemy. Kill him. Why not?" But then it stuns me to see their valiant spirit when the three mighty men went down to get water for David in II Samuel 23: 16. How they were willing to sacrifice their lives so that David can have water from the well of Bethlehem.

Two different people... Like Samson and Samuel... Two very different results... I find the Bible so applicable... Do you see the life application here?

Seek Him First!
Proverbs 19:31 Archives - MyDailyMom

No comments:

Post a Comment