Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Great Food, Great Fellowship

Yes, this morning was the lady's study on Taming the Tongue... Two of our ladies joined us via LINE video chat... They couldn't enjoy the lunch, but it was wonderful to have them be a part of the study. One of the ladies' son will be taking the standardized test this weekend... to go from junior high to senior high... It's a very important test... her son hopes to go to the top three high schools in the nation!

The weather was cooler... So, after the study finished, I did a load of laundry... yes another load... and prepared my study for tomorrow, and headed out for a run... it was so nice... so refreshing. I wanted to go for a longer time, but I couldn't... I had to be back to get things ready for Mom... Yes, the day goes by so fast.

I was supposed to have my evening Bible study, but because a few ladies can't make it... we decided to move it to next Tuesday. That worked out so much better... In fact, please pray as I need to have someone here consistently on Tuesday evenings. I already moved my Tuesday tutoring to Monday evening... but every other Tuesday, I have my evening Bible study. Alan has class until 8:10 and gets back at 8:30. Abby usually has something come up... so I can't count on her to be here. Isaiah has basketball practice. I have to leave for my Bible study at 6:30, at the latest... Mom is not asleep that early! One blessing is, due to covid-19, Alan no longer has basketball on Thursday night. But he now goes out to play tennis... Anyhow, I cancelled my Thursday evening tutoring as it was just a big headache. And yes, the kids cannot help on Thursday evenings... So now, Tuesday is a big headache. All the ladies only have Tuesday evenings... so we have to keep it on Tuesdays. I'm sure God will work it out... Maybe next school year Alan will have a different schedule... but he usually has to teach one evening a week!

Daily Lovely Insight:
As I was preparing for tomorrow's Bible study, one of the questions that struck me was: What is your definition of worship? Many people would define it as -- to magnify or to exalt... but the LORD laid upon my heart the word -- OBEDIENCE! I think to OBEY GOD is to WORSHIP GOD. When we choose to take God at His word and follow Him wholeheartedly, we are worshiping Him, we are expressing our love to Him. We are proclaiming that God is worthy of our honor and praise. I am learning to worship through daily acts of simple obedience. Saul disobeyed and offered the burnt offering. He failed to worship God. He did the prescribed 'things' but not the 'heart' thing. Samuel reprimanded him for this act of disobedience. God wants us to come and worship Him... in Spirit and in Truth... And I think that starts when we decide to surrender and obey!

Seek Him First!
What Are Your Plans for the New Year?


No comments:

Post a Comment