Sunday, May 17, 2020

Lots Going On...

Abby won her basketball game... And she had a really great game... so they will play again on Tuesday night... If they win, then they will be playing the championship game on Thursday.

Isaiah spent the morning finishing up an assignment with Vikki!

Mom was up early... I cut her hair and after breakfast, she watched Little House... Alan came home and I cut his hair, too...

I was also busy with cooking... I didn't have time to make corn bread or another loaf of raisin bread. I will do that tomorrow... But the chili came out really well... We had a huge salad... And Alan turned on the A/C. Kurtis joined us as this is last Sunday here in Taipei. We hope he will return in the Fall, maybe as a full time student... We had 14 people over... 10 adults and 4 kids. What FUN!

We ended the evening with Family Time!

Daily Lovely Insight:
The sermon this afternoon was on Hannah and Samuel... And the speaker shared two points for couples and one point for parenting.  He mentioned Samson and Samuel, and that reminded me of what I shared two weeks ago. There are so many similarities between these two individuals, but their lives were so different. Both Moms were barren until God opened their womb. Both had sons who were to be set apart from birth. But Samson only saw God as his source of strength without a relationship with God. He had the mark of consecration without the heart of consecration. Samuel consecrated his life to God. So, it is for me. I want a consecrated life. Two individuals... Same God who called and set them apart. Samuel acknowledged God throughout his life. Samson didn't until the end of his life.

Seek Him First!
Thy Strong Word - Proverbs 19 "Better is a Poor Person Who Walks ...

No comments:

Post a Comment