Sunday, May 3, 2020

Family & Feasting!

Without having the Love Feast at church, my Sundays are busier... But I love having people over... It takes time to plan the meals and it takes time to clean up afterward!

So... my talk today was not heavy on Bible verses... but something people can relate to. And it turned out that the parents of one of our members were there... and I hope they appreciated the talk and heard something that will draw them to come back. My point was: we have no choice in the family we are in... GOD MADE THAT CHOICE. But we have a choice as to what we do when others disappoint us... WE CAN CHOOSE TO FORGIVE. WE CAN LEARN THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE POOR CHOICES OF THOSE WE CALL FAMILY. WE CAN SEE HOW OUR POOR CHOICES GRIEVE OUR HEAVENLY FATHER! I talked about Adam and Eve in dealing with their sons. I talked about Esau and Jacob. I talked about Simeon and Levi. And I talked about Samson. We need to trust God. He has a beautiful plan... We need His perspective!

And as for my daily insight from above, Psalm 148: 13
Praise the Name of God – My Journey – by Doris High
God's radiance, God's glory, God's majesty is far above, exceeds anything, in heaven and on earth! That means we can't imagine how glorious, how majestic, how radiant our God is! Whatever we see that 'wows' us, well, that can't compare to God's greatness. He excels all! And I guess that's why people are moved by the song, I Can Only Imagine... One day we will see Him face to face... we can only imagine what it will be like... but I have a feeling, that it will be way beyond whatever we can imagine! And so Paul says, earthly things will be like dung!

The day went by so quickly...

It was a hot day...

It was a blessed day...

I'm ready to rest...

Seek Him First!
Proverbs 19:20-23 – Choose the way of godly wisdom in your youth ...

No comments:

Post a Comment