Thursday, May 14, 2020

Possible New Jobs -- Editing!

I've been looking to find:
1. Driver's schools... Here in Taiwan you have to pay and take lessons and pass a written and a 'course' test. The course test is quite a joke as it is nothing like driving on the streets of Taipei.
2. Possible internship opportunities... Since we are going to be here this summer, both kids asked me to look into what are some possible internships... with PAY!

I found schools to call and opportunities to pass on to the kids. Unfortunately, most internship opportunities want students who are at least finished with their junior years. So, there are more for Isaiah than for Abby. We shall see what pans out. Isaiah had sent an email to AIT, but they have not responded. And that won't be a PAID opportunity.

Well... while looking for them, I have also found some new opportunities for myself -- editing... There is quite a need for that. So, we will see... The problem is: you have to have a block of focused time... Time is not easy to come by... the pay is by hour...

Today was back to hot... but I went out during the heat of the day for a run... it was crazy... I made it back by the goodness of God...

I tutored this afternoon and bought some nice dumplings for my lunch... YUMMY.

The raisin bread I baked turned out beautifully... YUMMY!

Daily Lovely Insight:
So... my run today in the heat... On the way back, I was just melting under the blaring sun... And strangely, the sky became slightly overcast... Oh... WHAT A RELIEF! That cloud helped so much... After about 500 meters, the cloud was gone... and the heat started... I continued to plow forward. If I just get out of the park and on the street, I would have some shade from the trees... Again, just when I was so hot, a breeze started blowing... It felt so refreshing... That went on for about another 500 meters and I could see the exit to the park... God, you are so good to me! I experienced just slightly how the Israelites must have felt in those years wondering around the desert when the clouds covered them by day... And yet, it was easy for them to grumble and not honor God with their choices. Proverbs 16: 9 says, "A man's mind plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps." I want a relationship with God where He directs my steps. Like the Bible study yesterday, when I asked them, "what gives us the right to come to God in prayer?" One of the students immediately piped up and said, "Our relationship with God the Father through Jesus!"

How precious is that relationship...

How He cares for us...

How He loves us...

How He longs to guide us...

Seek Him First!
Leadership Promotion - Man's Choice Versus God's Chosen - Maryann Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment