Tuesday, May 26, 2020

A Blessing in Disguise... I Hope...

It was a busy morning... I wanted to bake another loaf of banana bread plus put the meat in the crock pot for the meatloaf for Alan's dinner... and get all the ingredients ready for the tossed salad that I was bringing for our bible study.

I left at 10:03 and walked next door with two bags filled with stuff...

The study was on the betraying tongue... great discussion!

I got back and the rain started... but I had to get a few things done and trying to keep Kurtis focused. That's why I think it's a blessing for him to be here for the extra week... I encouraged/nagged (?) him to find three and apply for three. I also wanted him to register for the classes. He did register for two classes and Annie had suggested a water class. Because it's at a different college, he has to get 'things', which he says is too troublesome. I think that's something the Lord will have to work on ... In my opinion, when he faces difficulties, Kurtis tends to give up way too easily. In these past two days, he has applied to Chipotle, Trader Joe's, Costco, Postmasters, and one other... He can't get into the application process for In N Out or Albertson's. Hopefully, tomorrow he will find other job opportunities to apply for.

Abby was at school and spent this evening helping out being a score keeper.

Isaiah had basketball practice.

Alan had evening classes.

Kurtis had tutoring for 90 minutes.

I did go for a run in the afternoon... even though it rained, it was so muggy and humid. I was completely soaking wet from sweating...

I continued to work on my messages...

Daily Lovely Insight:
Isaac Watts was most disturbed with the "business as usual" Christianity. To him, "business as usual" Christians are those who grovel here below and are fond of earthly toys. He looked at Acts 2:2-4 and thought of the Holy Spirit as wind and as fire.
Acts 2:2-4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began ...
He wrote a hymn, asking for the fire of God to burn and awaken His people. Reading about him convicted me to ask for forgiveness. I don't want to live life enamored with the earthly toys and become complacent. I too want the Holy Spirit to keep me zealous in serving Him.

Seek Him First!
You can make many plans Proverbs 19:21 Scripture art Christian | Etsy

2 comments: