Monday, May 4, 2020

Melting Butter...

OK... it's started... the heat! At least it does get cooler at night... we are trying to NOT turn on the AC until JULY! I don't know... Alan loves the heater and the AC...

From the time Mom goes to the Center to the time she comes back, the day just plows by...

I took the morning to complete my Bible studies... I have three -- two on Tuesdays and one on Wednesdays. All different studies -- one on the trustworthy God, one on prayer and one on taming the tongue. All excellent! All different people!

When that was done, I had lunch and turned on the wifi and checked my emails. Then it was laundry time and tidying up the house. Abby has a bin of clothes under her bed. She says I could donate. And I always try to look for other things to donate... At 2pm, even though it was extremely hot, I went out for a run... It wasn't really a run... It wasn't even a jog... I am not sure how to describe it... a crawl?

After showering, I was fixing Mom's dinner and finishing up the laundry...

Alan was home at 5:40 and I was off for tutoring -- two hours! We worked through the book, Farewell to Manzanar!

The evening was just as fast... Because of the possible editing jobs that I will be getting, I had to log on to register on this web site. I also checked about Annie's order... Should be arriving before May 20th.

Abby and I had our evening walk... so much cooler outside. I hope to go for a run tomorrow... somehow avoiding the heat!

And... Here is the Daily Lovely Insight:
Psalm 51 is a beautiful honest heart cry of repentance... I love how David states in verse 4, Against thee, thee alone, have I sinned. He committed adultery with Bathseba and murdered Uriah (listed as one of his mighty men) to cover up his sin... The truth is all our transgressions are against the Lord. If we would realize how we grieve His heart, I think we would truly turn from walking in the path of the unrighteous. Then in verse 12, Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation.When there is sin in our heart, there is no joy. Only God can bring restoration as we come to Him with a repentant heart. This reminded me of the Prodigal Son. When the Prodigal returns, there is feasting and celebration as the JOY of the Father overflows! He loves to see the lost returning! What hope we have! What love the Father has!

Seek Him First!
Pin on TRUTHS

4 comments:

  1. The prodigal son parable is so hard to understand.... listened to many explanations and stlll a but confused

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you puzzled about? It's about choices... and redemption! Just like the whole of God's word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched a short video by Tim Keller and he said both sons actually had their eyes on the 'prize' which was the inheritance, and not on the father's (or God) love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked Tim Keller... Yes, so true... Neither of them understood the Father's Heart! His heart of love... And so it is with us... God wants the relationship and we just want things!

    ReplyDelete