Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Can't Avoid the Heat...

I realized to avoid the heat, I would have to go out at 5am or 9pm! And both will not work for me... So I again braved the afternoon heat... And yes, I crawled...

I took the morning to organize all my teaching/tutoring materials and books. I wanted to know what I have as I probably will be tutoring quite a bit this summer. We shall see... I also went out to pay our bills... It's great as we can just go to a 7/11! How convenient is that!

After lunch, I did go for the run... and took a quick shower... and baked this pudding cake as I will have my Bible study group tomorrow. It turned out very nice... Mom had a piece... She loves desserts!

It was nice to be home... as the kids and Alan can't be home with Mom on Tuesdays. Abby has tutoring. Isaiah has basketball practice and Alan has class!

I sat and read this collection of weird stories... It's difficult for me to go through my teaching stuff as I so enjoy stopping and reading the books... I found a couple that I want to read again!!!! And I found a couple of new ones! I am also trying to 'fix' two android small 'iPads' that I found in the recycling bin. One is working now... but the other has a cracked screen, so the touch screen is wacky. I will have to take that in and see how much it will be to replace it.

The Daily Lovely Insights:
"Sometimes Miracles Take Time"... this is a line from a song that someone sent me, entitled While I Wait. For some reason, it made me think about Moses and the Plagues. With each plague, the Pharaoh made things worst for the Israelites... So, how long did it take to go through all the Plagues? I googled that question and the answer seems to range anywhere from a month (most seems to say 4-5 months) to about a year (According to the Jewish Mishnah what says one year). We look at our current circumstances or problems and we pray. When answers don't come "immediately", we might get discouraged, we might stop praying, we start to doubt... It is difficult to 'wait'... It is difficult to be patient. Sometimes, like the Israelites, the deliverance has come, but the situation only seems to get worst! Are we going to walk by faith? Is our God able? Is our God the Miracle Worker, the Promise Keeper, King of kings and Lord of lords? And like the song says, Sometimes miracles take time...

Seek Him First!
Hallelujah: God's Plans Always Happen – The Greeting Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment