Wednesday, May 13, 2020

I Love The SooChow Bible Study!

Even though I would love to have time to rest, going to the Bible study is such a joy...

No matter how many students show up, we always have a great discussion, and today was no exception. The simple lesson on prayer has been so fantastic!

Tutoring was great... even though one of the students didn't want to do anything... The boy, who is usually hyper, was so great. He got a book about how the Navajo Indians were used to make the code during World War II.

I baked two loaves of raisin bread using the bread machine. Yes, I'm back to using the bread machine... And the air fryer and the oven and... I just love my new kitchen!

No time for a run... and the weather is getting hot again...

Daily Lovely Insight:
I've been reading the book by John Maxwell, Talent Is Never Enough! And one of the leaders quoted was Julio Melara who made a list of all the jobs he had which never made it on his resume and the lessons he learned that lasted a lifetime. From that I thought about all the jobs I had which never made it on my resume and the lessons I learned:

Writing obituaries at Star News, Pasadena:
A person's life can be summarized by a few or by many words.

Buffum's Gift Department, Santa Anita Mall:
It was the department with the most variety of items as gifts are like people. With such a wide variety of individuals, tastes are very different as well. And to sell things, you have to be genuine and listen with your heart.

Housekeeping at Chalet Lodge and Holiday Inn:
Always knock. The cleanliness of the room reflected the kind of people they really are! Sometimes the most elegant people are the messiest!

And in all these experiences as we were also discussing in our Bible study, it's all about focus. Is God bigger than your problem or is your problem bigger than God? I enjoyed all these jobs and experienced God through each. My list could be much longer... And they have helped me to have a teachable spirit. Opportunities to learn and to experience God abound...

Seek Him First!
MANY ARE THE PLANS PREVAILS" PROVERBS 19:21 - iFunny :)


5 comments:

  1. I had forgotten about Buffums, and you did housekeeping at Holiday Inn??? How come i didn't know??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you were already in Northern California. Mr. Lee... Mom was working the front desk... And I did housekeeping and restaurant cashier... That was my first experience of being short changed by this 'nice looking' lady. I learned my lesson... Mr. Lee was very nice. He didn't deduct my pay. The cook at the restaurant was also wonderful, so was the waitress. The cook would let me eat and have pop. The waitress would give me her change... and some of her tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, we need to have more chats about those previous jobs,,,,,,,,,,,

      Delete
  3. I think I can write a book... one of these days. Writing obituaries was extremely interesting. I enjoyed working at Star News!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Star News, Pasadena is still in business!

    ReplyDelete