Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Biggest Bill at Costco!

I dragged Alan to go with me to Costco. They had HP ink cartridges on sale... We ended up spending over 12,000NT$, which is 400US$. We bought three sets of cartridges and 12 bottles of fruit vinegar, plus ketchup, relish, meat... and the list goes on!  I had to buy milk and romaine lettuce... and then I saw croutons and Caesar salad dressing... these two items were not on my list as they are the 'splurge' items. Since Kurtis is here, I decided to get them!  I also splurged on roast beef slices and spinach frittatas...

After I got back, I had to rush off to my Soochow Bible study. Again, another great study... And I had baked banana bread. Next week: apple sauce bread!

I've been 'prodding' Kurtis and he got one interview notice... So, please pray for two more so that he knows it's God. I made a comment that Jesus did it. And he was sarcastic about that comment: "Oh Jesus helped me get the Chipotle interview?" I replied, "Of course... " Well... I thought, I did send you that link to apply for Chipotle... and I've sent him several others... It's amazing as I don't have tutoring this week, so I have time to look for him. I will keep you posted. He leaves on Friday. So, three job interviews and three classes before he leaves!

The evening went by just as fast... We had such a great dinner... Caesar salad, rice, broccoli, frittatas...

Daily Lovely Insight:

John 16:33
John 16:33 (With images) | Overcome the world, John 16 33, Jesus ...
In Christ we have peace. In the world we will have tribulations. BUT, take heart, Jesus has overcome the world! What does this mean to me? What does this mean to you?  How is this lived out? what is the peace we have in Christ? What does it mean to "take heart"?
To start with "take heart" means to be courageous. Like God told Moses or Joshua or Gideon, BE COURAGEOUS! When we face tribulations, we are to be of good cheer, to take heart, to be courageous. How? Because we know Jesus has overcome. He has risen. He is forever our Intercessor. To have peace is to know that He is with us. Jesus has already told us that we will face tribulations. Expect them. But don't let them defeat you. I'm so grateful for that truth. How do I live out this truth? I'm still processing that question...

Seek Him First!
Faithful In Christ — Proverbs 19:21 (NLT) You can make many plans ...

3 comments:

  1. I hope you had the car to load the things from CostCo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That boy sure challenge you sometimes !!!!!!!! I don't think we have EVER bought small items that added up to that, but our sink and faucet was from Costco. Great eating !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He signed up for one more class... YIPPY. For sure for the July date, but wait list for the June start date... he wants the June start date... But at least he has three classes. I just don't think he will go through the 'hassle' to get that water class at that other junior college. Not to be negative, but knowing how he doesn't like the 'manfan'.

    ReplyDelete