Wednesday, May 6, 2020

How Great Thou Art!

The weather cooled down today... with sudden morning quick downpours and then this evening, clouds came and it was just perfect running weather... but I had no time to run...

I found several great phones and iPads in the recycling trash. And as you might know, I enjoy tinkering with things... attempting to fix them. And I think, if it's broken already, I can't make it worst. So... often times, I fix them. So I now have a 'new' HTC touch screen phone... and two Asus zenpads. One has a broken screen and the other... well... I haven't figured out the 'unlock' code! But it has been fun!

I got ready for my afternoon Bible study and tutoring... and headed out...

Both went well...

But it was a bit of a rush as one of the students did very poorly on his English listening midterm test, so I will have to help him next week.

Alan was home with Mom... Isaiah had tutoring... Abby went to fix her scooter... She will have to ride slower as that front piece is cracked and there is no replacement part...

The title today has to do with the Daily Lovely Insight:

I read a book of hymns as part of my quiet time. Today's hymn was: How Great Thou Art! This is one of my favorite hymns... It reminds me of Heidelberg, Germany.
Heidelberg 6-Hour Tour from Frankfurt - Frankfurt, Germany ...
I never knew that the writer was a Swedish pastor, Carl Boberg. It was translated into German and Russian and then missionary, Reverend Stuart K. Hine, translated into English. Hine added a fourth stanza. Hine would sing this song with his wife as they ministered in the Ukraine. The verse that was quoted in the One Year Book of Hymns was: Isaiah 40:26, As a shepherd leads his sheep, calling each by its pet name, and counts them to see that none are lost or strayed, so God does the stars and planets! God calls me by name as He does with the stars and planets... I pray that my ears are in tune to His voice!

In Germany, we'd sing this song, looking at the castle and the stars above. Living there for the year, I experienced all four seasons and the beauty of God's creation. Recalling that period always makes my heart swell with worship. God is forever the faithful awesome God. Each time I hear this song, my eyes are filled with tears of joy and gratitude.

And this afternoon, while walking out of  the Bible study, one of the students asked, "You've lived in Germany?" Of all the things she would ask... It was like God calling me by name... using a secret code word! I smiled and said, "Yes, it was the most amazing year of my life!"

How Great Thou Art!

Seek Him First!
Chasing the clouds away...

2 comments: