Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Teacher's Day Gifts

Thursday is Teacher's Day here in Taiwan but the Taiwan government no longer set this day as a national holiday. But this year, Soochow is giving their teachers and students the day off... and Alan got a Teacher's Day gift! Six hundred NT$ of coupons from Family Mart, a convenience store that's on campus.

When I got home from teaching at NSB, there was a registered letter... and in it was 1200NT$ of coupons for a different convenience store. The students from this year's NSB class voted for me! Only 10 of their teachers get the Teacher's Day gift. I didn't think I would get voted to receive this gift as I have not met up with them but once a month since April... What a miracle... I haven't even finished spending the money from last year...

In other news... today's heat broke more records... and yes, I pushed through the day without turning on the AC!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 66:1

No comments:

Post a Comment