Saturday, September 2, 2017

Annual Church Community Outreach/Fundraiser

Early this morning I was off to church.

For the past two months, I have been gathering 'goods' for this event!  I had my car piled to full capacity THREE TIMES... donation from different people... including a TV! I had dropped things off in shift to be stored at church with the final load last night!

I was so grateful as one of the church guys came EARLY to help me bring up everything! And even before I was finished setting up, people were already asking me what I had for sale! I already priced my stuff very low -- I wanted to sell as much as possible. Still these old 'grandmas' haggled with me. I had a beautiful Samonite carry on suitcase -- only 100NT$! I had a pair of FitFlop -- only 100NT$! I had an entire bag of socks -- some were the top name brand spandex style socks that flight attendants wear -- for only 50NT$! I knew I had some great stuff... well... these old grandmas must have bragged about what they got as I had so many other grandmas coming to my booth asking for another carry on suitcase or another bag of socks or another pair of FitFlop!

In four hours, our little booth made 15,740NT$! I was so exhausted! My voice was hoarse... We had one big ticket item -- an iPad for 5000NT$! That sold right away! We also sold olive oil and other health food items... they were very expensive... the total from that was 4900NT$. So... our second hand goods still made over 5000NT$!

I came home and took a nap!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 63:1

2 comments:

  1. BUT I WANT TO BUY THE FITFLOPS !!!! AND COMPRESSION HOSE !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fitflops were a size 9! Otherwise, i would have saved those for you... You needed compression socks!!! I saved all the knee braces for you!

    ReplyDelete