Wednesday, September 13, 2017

I Pulled An "Annie"!

For those who know Annie, you might understand what I've done...

Annie is the Super Woman who jumps off walls, rides on and off sidewalks, and pretty much is capable of most any stunts that I'd never even dare to attempt! But as she has gotten just a little older, she is getting wiser... trying not to push herself too much with these daredevil stunts.

But, me, I'm a total opposite. I ride my bike like an old lady. I climb down a wall slowly. And I will not try any stunts, no matter how people might be there to taunt or dare me.

Today... with the approaching typhoon, the weather was just perfect... As you know, I have not gone out for a run... due to the extreme heat! Today... it was sprinkling, the temperature in the mid-20's and a slight wind... Oh... My favorite weather for a run!

At 3:30, Alan said, "Honey, I'm surprised you're not out running." He went for a 5km run this morning. I, on the other hand, was busy trying to finish up a few things. And 3:30, I knew if I didn't go out, I wouldn't have time as I had to tutor at 5:30.

I jumped into my running clothes, pulled on my running shoes, with my headphone set on my favorite Christian running music, I was out the door faster than Flash!

My legs felt so good as I dashed down the hill... Thinking to myself, "Oh yes... this is a 10k day!" Not even running 1.5 km from my house, I made an U-turn and slipped! I flew up in the air and landed on my butt and my head went back and banged the sidewalk! (This is not an exaggeration!) I don't know how I got up! Wait... I don't even know how I slipped! My head was spinning... I felt somewhat dizzy. I was soaking wet as I was smack in the middle of a puddle. I felt 'water' still dripping and went to wipe it off. That's when I saw the RED LIQUID! It was not water. My head was bleeding! I walked to the nearest bathroom. No paper towels! I then went across the street to the fire station! They saw the blood and was going to take me to the hospital. I said... NO NEED... I just need some paper towels. They handed me a stack and forced me to sit down. They proceeded to patch up my head! These guys were so nice and helpful! I thought they were going to bring out their tea set and we were going to drink tea together there at the fire station!

I slowly trotted home and took a good shower! Alan tried to patch me up! At 5:10, I hobbled out the door to tutor with my head very well bandaged up!

By the end of tutoring, I was so sore that I could barely walk! It wasn't my head that was pounding. It was my butt! I can't describe this soreness...

It's going to be an interesting night, when I try to sleep...

God is good... Alan said the gash on my head is about an inch long!

And I don't think I'll be running for at least a week... my butt is too sore... PRAY!

Yes, I pulled an "Annie"!

Seek Him First!
Image result for Psalm 64: 9

2 comments:

  1. hahaha, know how you feel, and PRAY YOU HEAL FAST, or faster than I did

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... Yes... I will post about my recovery in my blog for today!

    ReplyDelete